Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fabulous internet if you live in Molalla, OR

We live out in the sticks - Molalla, Oregon. And we have only one option for our phone, internet and cable. That would be from Molalla Communications. However, MC is not a company with their patrons best interests at heart. Their best interest is their bottom line and they have terrible communication skills to boot. I have been searching for an alternative provider to no avail but, alas, I have found one.

I went searching for a new cell phone this month as my current plan is expiringand thought I'd look into the whole cellular internet movement, hoping it would yield as an option.

I started with AT&T and found they offer an air card, cell phone with internet or tethering to your computer through your cell phone. I never knew I had so many options! Turns out Sprint offers all these plans too. Verizon and T-Mobile offer some, but not all, of these options.

I decided to go with the tethering option which is offered by all of these cellular companies. I am currently with Sprint so I first looked into their plans. They offer a tethering plan with 450 talking minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texting all for the low price of $69.99 a month. I would have to buy a PDA phone to accomodate this plan which would run me $80.00 and up, out of pocket.

After reviewing the other cellular companies Sprint turned out to be the best option for me. I got my new phone for $100.00 after rebate (a fancy new Blackberry Curve in red) and I had instant internet! Whoo-hoo! This is very cool.

After a little downloading for the program I was able to un-hook my Molalla Communications line and run solely off of my cell phone. Turns out my cellular connection is faster than Molalla Communications. With my new plan I am saving at least $35.00 a month on phone/internet, I'm working with a company that has great customer service skills and I get to boycott Molalla Communications. What better way to celebrate the holidays!

To all of the Molalla area residents who wish to boycott Molalla Communications check out Sprint and their many cellular internet options!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you've switched blogs again.
    You need to let me know.

    Personally, I HATE COMCAST! Who is the main internet provider in Portland... And I'm thinking your new internet plan sounds pretty awesome! I'll have to keep that in mind for later.
    T

    ReplyDelete