Friday, February 13, 2009

My newest book.....

Through I found a new (or new to me) way to sew up a handbound book. It's called Swedish Binding. Here is my completed handsewn book.

For the covers I used an old pillowcase and the inside is covered with some scrap swiss dot fabric. I had much better luck with the glue this time.

The book is large, about 9x11, but it is going to be my "possibilities" book so I needed it to be large.

The book is sewn together with orange embroidery floss.

I made some mistakes with this book so it's good I was only planning on using it for myself. But, now I know how to do this technique so I'll be trying it again (and getting it right) for a new book soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to get you to show me how to do this! oh, and I LOVE the dress! Now we just need some warm weather so you can wear it!