Sunday, November 23, 2008

My latest project.....

My brothers and I had the cutest stockings growing up. A family friend, who has since passed on to heaven, made them for us when we were little. We each had one with our name spelled out in glitter. Each toe had a jingle bell on the end making it entirly difficult to sneak into our rooms with our stockings.

This will be Ada's first Christmas and she needed her own stocking. So, I made one for her just like the one I had growing up. You have no idea how hard it is to find red craft fur. Why in the world this would be difficult in November I have no idea. Apparently JoAnn's missed the boat on this one because they don't even carry it. I did find some thick red faux fur at Fabric Depot for a whopping 24 dollars a yard (eek!) but purchased 1/2 a yard out of desperation. It just wasn't the same.

So, I posted the thick red (expensive) fur stockings on Etsy and kept hunting for the craft fur. I eventually found it at Hancock Fabrics down in Salem, Oregon. It cost me a measly 7.49 a yard so I bought some and made Ada her first Christmas stocking. I think it turned out pretty well. I hope she loves it as much as I love mine.

And the best part is......when she's old enough I'll be able to hear when she sneaks her stocking into her room!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. THose are sooooo cute! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable Amy! They'll be great stocking for years to come.
    T

    ReplyDelete